Did a list of my all-time favourite albums, and this was on it... seemingly effortless fusion of so many cultures with space-dub-lounge-doof-jazz... still sounds like the work of some higher order of intelligence, sent to give you pleasure. Brilliant.
Favorite track: Star Shpongled Banner (Remastered).
Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
Purchasable with gift card
£7GBP or more
Limited Edition Remastered Super-Deluxe Double Vinyl Set in Translucent BLUE (Ships from 25th June)
Record/Vinyl + Digital Album
Tales Of The Inexpressible Re Mastered Super-Deluxe Double Vinyl in heavy weight TRANSLUCENT BLUE VINYL. Limited to just 850 pieces.
Twisted is proud to present this Super Deluxe Edition in the Remastered Shpongle Series.
For those who loved the stunningly presented 'Are You Shpongled?' remastered release, the beauty and detail of this new ‘Tales Of The Inexpressible’ release will blow your mind. Breathtaking visuals and super deluxe packaging structure and design mean this album is the ultimate collectors edition now in gorgeous translucent blue vinyl. The pictures simply do not do it credit.
Key Features Include:
- Housed in an 8 page Super Deluxe Hard Back Media Book with embossed cover. - Includes art from the original release, and some of Raja's never seen before art from the same series. - Limited Edition of only 850 Copies - 2 x Heavy Weight Translucent Blue 180gsm Vinyl’s containing all 9 tracks from the original release. - Remastered and Re Cut by Kevin at SoundMasters. - Purchase Includes Digital Download of all 9 tracks. - Pre Order Only - Shipping is via tracked courier. - Ships in bespoke padded box
Record One: Side A1. Dorset Perception 8:10 Side A2. Star Shpongled Banner 8.59 Side B1. A New Way To Say "Hooray!" 8.47 Side B2. My Head Feels Like A Frisbee 8.52
Record Two: Side C1 Shpongleyes 9.23 Side C2 Once Upon The Sea Of Blissful Awareness 8:09 Side D1 Room 23 5.08 Side D2. Around The World In A Tea Daze 11.39 Side D3. Flute Fruit 2.18
Catalogue Number: TWSLP13RM Bar Code: N/A
All writing and sonic manipulation by Simon Posford and Raja Ram. Remastered by Kevin at Soundmasters.
+++++INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING +++++
++PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING++
- WE DO NOT SHIP TO PO BOXES or SHIP STATIONS.
- ALL ORDERS ARE SENT BY TRACKED COURIER SERVICE ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO SHIP REGULAR MAIL.
- Please include your phone number with your order. - All orders are shipped with full value of items declared. - Please note we are not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes or customs clearance fees in destination countries. - If your order is returned to us for any reason, we will ship it once more free or charge, if it's returned to us again undelivered then we will issue a full refund. - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT-
Includes unlimited streaming of Tales Of The Inexpressible (Remastered)
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
“Tales of the Inexpressible” was released on Twisted Records in 2001.
It was a much anticipated and well loved successor continuing in the pioneering spirit of the debut album and in this exceptional follow up they gave us plenty more multi-dimensional surprises and new sonic realities to explore and immerse ourselves in.
From the opening sounds on “Dorset Perception”, the first track featuring flamenco guitar and Latin percussion, we can tell we are in for some incredible planetary as well as interplanetary trips on this musical voyage as Si & Raj take us for a spin though their musical worlds, full of influences garnered on their travels to the 4 corners of the earth.
As the Star Shpongled Banner unfurls, the immeasurable beauty of the album is illustriously illustrated with blissful cascades of Indian Flute washing over the minds ear and achingly beautiful synths rippling with dimensional dub effects throughout. As the Shaman’s voice resonates through the digital dream, the Shaman’s drum begins to beat leading us to a vedic celtic crescendo.
By the time Room 23 emanates from the loudspeakers, Shpongle have confirmed their position as the true pioneers once again, shining a light on the deeper development of the Psybient and Psychill sound and unmistakably elevating the consciousness of the listener to previously unheard of heights by bringing the eddying currents of Raj’s magical flute lines and Simons mellifluous keyboard riffs and genius production style together in an extraordinary hallucinogenic mix.
The album holds 9 gems glistening in hyperspace, gems of unmistakable brilliance and radiant beauty in which every composition contains worlds within worlds, as explored by Raja and Simon on their epic voyages into the depths of musical exploration and recounted in these tales.
They have been the soundtrack to innumerable visionary voyages for the neuronaut cognoscenti, because of the multi layered sounds, shapeshifting focus and awe inspiring depths of the advanced Shpongle production techniques. Tales of the inexpressible is quite literally, beyond description and has been a part of creating so many beautiful moments that its absence from our lives is unimaginable.
released February 26, 2018
All writing and sonic manipulation by Simon Posford and Raja Ram.
Remastered by Kevin at Soundmasters.
+++++INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING +++++
++PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING++
WE DO NOT SHIP TO PO BOXES or SHIP STATIONS, ALL ORDERS ARE SENT BY TRACKED COURIER SERVICE ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO SHIP REGULAR MAIL.
- Please include your phone number with your order.
- All orders are shipped with full value of items declared.
- Please note we are not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes or customs clearance fees in destination countries.
- If your order is returned to us for any reason, we will ship it once more free or charge, if it's returned to us again undelivered then we will issue a full refund.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT
supported by 373 fans who also own “Tales Of The Inexpressible (Remastered)”
I only officially purchased this today, after years of listening to this masterpiece Album, to be able to comment here and pass on my gratitude to Ott for giving us such a pleasant music album. Rarely do we get to express our gratitude to artists in these times directly, I know being one myself (RAME).
Mir is probably one of the best pieces of music, technically, production wise and artistically, that has touched my soul. The sheer beauty lies in authenticity of sounds which are absolute trip. Ronak R.